This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Zubie for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I don’t know about you but it seems I’m always running into some sort of trouble with my vehicle. I’m known in my family as bad luck to vehicles. For the last couple of years, it was tires. I was always replacing tires for whatever reason. Before that, it was batteries. My husband doesn’t like me to drive his car for fear that something will break. (And yes, actually the last time I drove it, the power window stopped working…great right?!)
Our cars are not new so little by little we’re having to fix and repair. It just comes with the territory of used vehicles. It makes me nervous to drive anywhere for fear of what will break next. Because of my tire history, we actually carry a portable airtank in the back of my van. Not kidding!
We also have a teen coming up on those driving years. It’d be great to have piece of mind while he’s driving!
Zubie is a breakthrough service connecting you to your car to help you monitor your vehicles, diagnose repair problems and take the hassle out of daily driving.
Zubie combines a smart device (about the size of a matchbox) that plugs into a standard port in every car* along with a smartphone app that helps you get the most from your car. Available for iPhone and Android.
Here’s how it helps:
• Family Safety: Real-time location tracking and alerts when family members arrive at home, work or school.
• Problem alerts: Be alerted to car problems before they leave you stranded, such as a Check Engine light or a dying battery.
• Safe Driving: Track and improve your driving, and connect and compete with friends. Monitor and coach teen drivers.
• Trip Coordination: Connect with friends to share locations and simplify coordination on short trips or car-pools
*The Zubie Key is compatible with most vehicles with a model year of 1996 or later.
Did you know that 52% of car breakdowns are battery related? Reduce repair anxiety with Zubie. No mechanic required! Zubie makes it easy to know and understand what’s going on under the hood, plus save money on maintenance. This easy-to-install device helps you keep your car running by giving timely information about your car’s health, and alerting you to potential problems:
• Engine Problems: Be alerted to problem codes reported by your engine, and understand what they mean.
• Check Engine Light: Translate the Check Engine light into plain English.
• Know exactly why the light is on, and avoid an unnecessary trip to the repair shop.
• Dead Battery: Track battery levels and be alerted to a problem BEFORE a dead battery leaves you stranded.
• Repair Cost & Insight: Know how serious a problem might be, and receive an estimate of likely repair costs before you go to the repair shop.
• Driving Behavior: Manage your driving habits to improve fuel economy and preserve overall car value over time.
I love Zubie for so many reasons. Can you imagine how much it will save you when you don’t have to take your vehicle to the machanic to find out why the check engine light is on?! And I love how you can monitor your teen’s driving.
I once had a battery die on Christmas Eve. We were stranded until we could get someone to come pick us up. We were heading home from my parents house, stuck out in the cold. Not fun! With Zubie, we could have gotten an alert of that battery before getting stranded!
Check out Zubie for the Holidays! Order today use code SAVE20DEC and SAVE 20% on your Zubie Key plus one year of service. Offer good through January 31, 2013. Shipping charges apply.
You can also Like Zubie on Facebook and Follow @GoZubie on Twitter.
Those are some awesome features! I’ve never heard of it, but that is really cool!
Kathy T says
This is BRILLIANT.. I live in a high traffic area
I love this idea. I have a 17 year old that’s driving. I’d love to be able to know where he is and if he’s gotten his oil changed or not! GREat Idea!!!
rachelle jones says
That is to cool! What a great idea for parents of teen drivers! Thanks for sharing 🙂
amber whitehead says
this is genius I can always use reminders on car maintenance