Lasagna is a very easy dish that can feed a large family. With four children, a husband and myself, I need easy and yummy dishes that will get everyone filled up and leaving the table happy!
This is very simple and you can keep most of the ingredients on hand at all times. Any brand will do.
- (1) 12 oz package oven ready lasagna noodles (nice cheat since you won’t need to boil these! 🙂 )
- (2) 15 oz containers Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried basil
- (1) 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked & drained
Getting hungry? 😉 Here’s what you need to do to get it ready to eat!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, combine Ricotta, 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, eggs & basil; mix well.
- In another medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, 1 c. water and the browned ground beef; mix well.
- In 9×13 pan, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce. Place 4 sheets of lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture over lasagna noodles, then top with 1/3 of remaining sauce.
- Repeat layering as noted above.
- Sprinkle remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Wrap lasagna tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the lasagna is fork tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes sealed in foil before cutting and serving.
Serves 4-6. Enjoy!