Switching over to a Keto way of eating can be a bit overwhelming. Maybe the most challenging part is finding Keto substitutions for your favorite recipes. And a lot of times, it’s the desserts that give us the most trouble.
Oh that sugar. It’s in everything! And finding a great sugar substitute, one that you actually like, can be tough. But I digress.
If you’re now on a Keto diet, you are probably stocking up on cream cheese. Are you buying cream cheese in bulk yet? I sure am. Side note, one of my favorite recipes is cream cheese pancakes. Yum!
Cream cheese is a great staple on the Keto diet and if you can make a cheesecake that is ‘legal’ to eat, yes please! Using crushed pecans for the crust gives these Keto Cheesecake Muffins the perfect mix of sweet and salty. So good!
Keto Cheesecake Muffins
Here’s quick access to the recipe. Keep reading for additional tips and pictures on how to make.
Keto Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 - 8 oz packages of full fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute ie Munk Fruit or Swerve
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional add ins: 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 muffin tins with muffin liners
- Using mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy
- Add eggs, sugar substitute, vanilla and any optional add ins; mix to combine
- Evenly add chopped pecans to the bottom of each muffin tin liner
- Evenly fill muffin tins with cheesecake filling
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Allow to cool in refridgerator
- Service cold with whipped cream on top
Begin by chopping your pecans. I used my food processor. Then add to the bottom of your muffin tin liners.
Following the directions to make your cheesecake filling. I added sugar free chocolate chips to this batch. Then evenly distribute on top of your pecan crust in your muffin tin liners.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. It’s important to not over bake them so just don’t let them over brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Then just grab some whip cream, add a dollop on top and enjoy! Whip cream is another one of those great keto options that you can add to your keto desserts to really have a delicious treat!
The pecan crust is a bit crumby so I might try mixing with a little bit of butter next time. But otherwise, no complaints on these delicious Keto Cheesecake muffins.
What are your favorite Keto or low carb desserts? Let me know in the comments below.
Recipe first found on kaseytrenum.com.