The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. Regardless all opinions are my own.
Appliances are one of those big purchases that you hope to not have to buy often. But when the time comes that you need to buy new, what is it that you look for?
If you’re like me, I look for appliances that not only can handle our family but that also have that Energy Star seal.
Let’s talk Energy Star.
3 Benefits of Energy Star Appliances
- Use Less Energy – Energy Star certified clothes washer can save you $40 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
- Use Less Water – A full-sized Energy Star certified clothes washer can save you more than 3,000 gallons of water per year!
- Energy Efficient – Older appliances are less energy efficient than newer models and can cost you, on average, $180 a year. An Energy Star dryer uses 20% less energy than conventional models. Using sensor drying vs timed drying as well as low heat setting also reduces your dryer’s energy use.
As a final note on energy saving, if you have the option, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact.
Now when I say “can handle our family” I’m talking about having 4 kids – 2 boys and 2 girls. My boys are just naturally dirty, right?! One is my sports guy. He just attracts dirt. The other is now a “working man” and comes home smelling like greasy food.
My girls on the other hand, they wear something for an hour and it goes in the dirty laundry. So. Much. Laundry! I definitely need a washer and dryer that work for me.
Have you seen the new LG Twin Wash & Sidekick available at Best Buy? It let’s you wash two loads at the same time! So I can wash all my boys’ dirty, stinky clothes in the top while washing a smaller load in the Sidekick. Love it! Talk about time saver! You no longer have to spend your life doing laundry!
My current washer is almost 5 cu. ft. I thought that was a pretty good size. The LG Twin Wash & Sidekick has a combined capacity of up to 6.6 cu. ft.. WOWZA!! Let’s take a look at a few other awesome features:
- The TWIN Wash boasts an ergonomically elevated and angled door that makes loading and unloading easier. Plus, the LED control panel is located on the door, right at your fingertips.
- TurboWash 2.0 feature saves up to 30 minutes on larger loads with outstanding cleaning performance
- TurboSteam technology deeply penetrates fabrics for greater cleaning power
- The full-width lid helps prevent spills thanks to an easy-to-fill detergent tray with recessed design
The Sidekick can pair with almost any LG front load unit. You can wash a smaller load in the Sidekick or wash a larger load in the main unit and a smaller load in the Sidekick at the same time. It’s perfect for delicates and hand washables!
If you’re looking for new appliances, take advantage of Best Buy’s current offers: 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to 10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases. Plus free delivery on purchases $399+.
What’s your top consideration when looking for new appliances?
Leave a Reply